Cheltenham Plan (Part One): Preferred Options
The Cheltenham Plan is a new planning policy document to guide development in the local area. It will be used in combination with the Joint Core Strategy for Gloucester, Cheltenham and Tewkesbury.
The Plan is split into two parts; part one, the focus of this consultation, concentrates on Cheltenham’s economy, Local Green Spaces and sites for housing. Part two will focus on the remaining local planning policies such as heritage, the natural environment and the town centre. Work will commence on part two of the Plan in mid-2017.
In 2015 we consulted on an 'Issues and Options' document which provided an overview of the issues facing Cheltenham and several different options for how we can deal with them. Comments made on the consultation have helped to inform this consultation document. The results of the consultation can be found via our website.
The purpose of this consultation is to hear your views on the Cheltenham Plan. The consultation document provides the Council's preferred options for the future Plan and includes a set of questions for you to answer. This consultation is in addition to those which are required by Government policy. The Council has decided that it is really important to get feedback on the Cheltenham Plan at an early stage in the process. This will allow officers to work towards a final draft Plan which has the support and input of the local community, stakeholders and statutory bodies.
To help inform the Cheltenham Plan process and comply with national requirements a sustainability appraisal has been prepared. The latest version of these documents are also available for comment.
This is a six week consultation ending on 20 March 2017. Full details of how and where you can respond to the consultation are provided below.
A copy of the consultation documents, questionnaires, maps and supporting evidence can also be found on below. An interactive map can also be viewed here.
Consultation responses are now available to view. A summary of the consultation will be published in the next few months.
The next stage is to prepare the 'Pre-Submission' version which is due to be published at the end of 2017.
It will build on the ‘Preferred Options’ stage and, importantly, it will consider comments submitted during the consultation. The Pre-Submission Plan will provide the preferred policy approach for Local Green Space and employment and the preferred location for future development.
Register online 24/7
You can register online at any time irrespective of there being a live consultation. This is a great way to keep up-to-date with future Cheltenham Plan consultations.
Registering online allows:
- you to be kept informed of future consultations;
- you to save and review draft responses before submitting, making it easier for you to manage your representations; and
- us to analyse representations quicker and incorporate suggestions into the Plan.
This consultation has now closed.
- Online consultation document
- PDF version of Cheltenham Plan (Part One) Preferred Options Consultation document
- APPENDIX A – Assessment of existing employment sites
- APPENDIX B - Cheltenham Plan Local Green Space Selection Criteria
- APPENDIX C - Local Green Space Site Assessment Table
- APPENDIX D - Urban Capacity 2016 Update
- APPENDIX E - All Housing Sites
- APPENDIX F - Minor Amendments to the Existing Principal Urban Area Boundary
- Appendix G - Key employment sites maps
- Appendix G - New employment allocations maps
- Appendix G - Local Green Space sites
- APPENDIX G - Housing development maps
- Appendix G - Mixed use development maps
- Appendix G - Principal Urban Area amendments maps
- APPENDIX G - A0 Proposals Map
- APPENDIX G - A3 Proposals Map 1
- APPENDIX G - A3 Proposals Map 2
- APPENDIX G - A3 Proposals Map 3
- APPENDIX G - A3 Proposals Map 4
- Sustainability Appraisal Report
Cheltenham Economic Strategy 2015
More information about this document and the appendices can be found: https://www.cheltenham.gov.uk/info/46/planning_policy/378/local_development_framework_evidence_base/3
Local Green Space study report
More information about this document can be found: https://www.cheltenham.gov.uk/info/46/planning_policy/378/local_development_framework_evidence_base/4
- Non Residential Land Use Monitoring Report 2016
Residential land availability report 2016
For more monitoring information please see here: https://www.cheltenham.gov.uk/downloads/download/205/residential_land_availability_reports
Strategic Assessment Land Availability Report 2015
More information about the SALA can be found: https://www.cheltenham.gov.uk/downloads/download/1350/assessment_of_land_availability_2015
Cotswold AONB landscape assessment report - Revised May 2016
More information about the report can be found: https://www.cheltenham.gov.uk/info/46/planning_policy/378/local_development_framework_evidence_base/4
|Name||Cheltenham Plan (Part One): Preferred Options|
|Description||An early stage in the Cheltenham Plan process|
|Dates||From 6 Feb 2017 at 00:00 to 20 Mar 2017 at 17:00. The results were published on 10 Apr 2017.|